Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Message from Barack Obama

I emailed the Obama transition team yesterday asking if the president-elect would like to stop by the Vincent House election. Though Mr. Obama is not able to make it tonight, he has released a statement about the Vincent House election:

Mr. Sentman,

It pleases me to see that young people at the University of Chicago are fired up about democracy and the power of voting. I have a prior engagement tonight, but I wish you all the best in running a fair, exciting election. It sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun with this. I'm sure all those negative ads are just for amusement! Again, best of luck to all the candidates in the Vincent House election! Maybe we'll be able to work together someday!

Sincerely,
Barack Obama

No comments: